Yeah, it's been a while. But seriously, it's just been so long since i've had time to sit and think about things for more than .0813635 second. Why do I suddenly have time to write a WU?
Trust me, i'll be back on the regular updating with the site. I just need...to play...other games...
- Well i'm sure everyone's heard it by now, so it's safe to rant. Acclaim's gone bankrupt and that leaves me without a job. There's a lot more to it, but I refuse to discuss it here. I just wish it didn't happen just before The Red Star was to be released. I hope it'll be picked up by someone else, because it's a damned good game.
- So when i'm not searching for a new occupation, eating, sleeping or trying to work on my coding skills, I've been playing more and more Final Fantasy XI. There is just so much to do in this game; it's amazing. Between working on my Goldsmithing (anybody need Brass armor or weapons?? I'll give ya a discount), leveling up my newly acquired Dark Knight job (hail Cecil!), completing quests in various countries, trying to pick up Race Specific Equipment for my mage jobs, and general bullshitting, I never find myself with nothing to do. Anybody on the Fairy server needing help or a comrade, just look for Drasil.
- On the contrary, I have found less and less to do in City of Heroes. It seems like all there is to do is run, jump or fly around various locales beating up various bad guys with different configurations from the power pool. I've gone as far as level 21, and I see no desire to move further. Why I am still paying for the damn thing just escapes me. What annoys me further is that the latest update contains things that should have been in the game to begin with! Capes are purely cosmetic and serve me no purpose, since my character would look pretty dumb in a cape (unless I throw a helmet on him Great Saiyaman style). All the quality of life issues they resolved should have been there - team recruitment across zones, better UI for enhancements and changes to stupid moves that leave you open for years are just a few examples.
- Trust me, i'll be back on the regular updating with the site. I just need...to play...other games...
- The weeks between now and September 24 have to be the most congested game release weeks this year (so far). Beating out the major rushes in March and June, we will be blessed with such awesome titles as Burnout 3, the Pokemon re-releases, Gungrave OD, F-Zero GP Legend, X-Men Legends, FFXI: Chains of Promathia, Advance Guardian Heroes, Def Jam Fight For NY, Katamari Damacy, and Megaman X Command Mission. I just couldn't have a job for a little longer, eh?
- Treasure, how I love thee? Even titles they collaborate on are awesome. Don't be fooled by the cutesy anime look of Astro Boy - there's a serious game under it. Pretty elaborate as well, in terms of replayability. If you had to get one GBA game right now, I'd recommend that... especially if Pokemon Fire Red or Leaf Green hasn't hit your store yet.
- Segue to Pokemon: Call me what you will, but I'll be picking this title up. Although my gaming environment has changed with the absence of a gaming job, I still hope to use the wireless adapter for this as well as the other titles that support it (e.g. Mario Golf). I also want to raise a Growlithe and name him after my Rottweiler.
- Red Entertainment. These guys are slowly becoming a second place to Treasure in the world of fun challenging games. Their most recent release, Bujingai: The Forsaken City, is very entertaining. It blends the action seen in most weapon-based martial arts films with intense and frenetic chain-style gameplay. If you're into doing the most you can between point A and point B in a game, you'll definitely love trying to keep Lau Wong's hit meter rising. I've only played to the first boss in the game, but judging by that battle, boss fights can only get better. It's always good to fight formidable opponents who have similar skills to the player - it always keeps me on my toes. Man, I can't wait for Gungrave Overdose!
Yes, it's good to let this stuff off my chest and I hope I can share more with you. Until next WU...
The entire contents of this Web site, unless otherwise noted, are Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 Triumvirate Games. All Rights Reserved. ™ and © for all copy, products, characters, and indicia related thereto which are contained herein are owned by the companies who market or license those products. This Web site is not endorsed, sponsored, nor otherwise affiliated with ANYONE unless specified otherwise. It has been created for the sole purpose of entertainment, knowledge and hobby. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form without consent from Trigames.NET is strictly prohibited and is punishable by law.